The last few weeks have been crazy busy for our team, but we have some awesome news to share with you! After much anticipation and hard work by our team, we have gotten both the BreweryDB.com website and BreweryDB.com Version 2 API ready for full fledged, unbridled production.
Check it out now by going to http://www.brewerydb.com/. You’ll hopefully notice some improvements, including…
- Search-centered design. Find anything and everything through our much improved search, then filter the results too!
- Breweries can have multiple locations (see Natty Greene’s Brewing Company)
- Beers can have multiple breweries that brew them for collaboration beers (see Savor Flowers from Dogfish and Sierra Nevada)
- Beers can have variations, like dry-hopped versions or vintages. (see Deadeye Jack from Lonerider Brewing)
- We now have brewers guilds! It also supports discounts for guild members. (See North Carolina Brewers Guild)
- Breweries, beers and brewers guilds now have social media sites listed. You can follow, friend, check-in, favorite, or plus your favorite breweries!
- Edit EVERYTHING on the site! You can already edit and add breweries and beers, but soon you will be able to add new social media accounts, add locations, modify brewers guilds and more!
- Beer event calendar, where you can assign events to beers. This also supports competitions, so you will be able to see what awards a beer has won in competition.
- Featured apps. See what awesome things developers are doing with the BreweryDB API.
- And more!
This marks a complete overhaul of BreweryDB.com and its API. Not just from a user experience standpoint, but from the ground up, BreweryDB.com is brand spanking new.
We hope you enjoy the new site, and as always, we’d love your feedback so let us know what you think!
To signup for the new API, visit the “Developers” section and create an account. For all of you using version 1, this API will continue to work but you will need to get a new key to work with version 2. You can read more about it at http://developer.pintlabs.com/brewerydb.